Generation of Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Join This Site
Official RP Rules EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 6:23 pm by Tee

» Should The Site Shut Down?
Official RP Rules EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 6:44 am by Evilpath

» Maiko vs raijnn part 2
Official RP Rules EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:15 pm by SpiritofLightning

» Tadoe and Anthony's Attack on the border
Official RP Rules EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 7:12 pm by alucard68262

» Fusion jutsu
Official RP Rules EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:23 pm by Tee

» Official RP Rules
Official RP Rules EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm by Evilpath

» Ultimate Mist Jutsu
Official RP Rules EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 am by Evilpath

» Taku/Rene/Rai/Evil/Moku Temporary Leave
Official RP Rules EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 pm by Evilpath

» Tmac's Boarder defense (Roc)
Official RP Rules EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm by Tee

Word Counter
Word Length: 0

Official RP Rules

Go down

Official RP Rules Empty Official RP Rules

Post by Evilpath Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Rule 1: No godmod. Repost is given to an invalid poster only once within battle. (God mod is the act of holding full manipulation of reality, being invulnerable to everything, unlimited energy, Controlling another's character, Absolute attacks, Absolute defenses, and unreasonable things that may not be listed but traditionally counted, as can be debated in pm's, or decided on.)

Rule 2: Paragraph role-play; no post size limitation. (At least place something reasonable and average may it be a an introduction of otherwise. I don't really care how long the post is but basically be reasonable and post a real paragraph of something either 8 sentences or at least something long enough to be claimed as a paragraph.)

Rule 3: Time limitation: X Days. (Depending on whatever amount of time you need or wish to extend or decrease just contact me in pm's and we'll sort this out unless a date is stated)

Rule 4: Fantasy; mutual understandings of logical implementations. NARUTO LOGIC. (I understand this is fantasy but with balance held in ruling of the role-playing game we use logic. Science can be used to make reasonable decisions, however if its an arcane asset fantasies logic may be used to display the outcome.)

Rule 5: Closed role-play; No in-character interference from outside parties, unless Story based or open match. (As long as you don't just let your friends troll and join our battle out of spite you wont be eliminated automatically from the battle.)

Rule 6: NPC count are allowed as logical consistencies, amount is X. (None Playable Characters is really a contradiction being that you're playing with them, and I really hate the concept of them, or how most role-players use the rule, so I guess like many I alter it the way I like to play to make things more fun, NPC are also characters so like all characters they deserve to be attempted in order to potentially gain damage, however characters that are controlled by both parties are not counted as NPC. However anything such as random people or animals may be controlled by anyone and not counted as NPC.)

Rule 7: Each player has the right to request and review the participating character’s sheets. (Kind of self explainable, you can ask or not, if you wish to see someones sheet just ask.)

Rule 8: Each player has the right to request an official review from a third party, and each player has the right for a post explanation. (If you don't agree with me you can grab a mod and tell me off if I'm wrong, Vice-versa with anyone in battle.)

Rule 9: Universality (mock-match / death match); victory can be obtained by submission/surrender, knock-out, or death. (Self explainable, basically you may end the fight however you wish, with despair, remorse, no tolerance, etc. All battles will end in death too the character, as the character will cease to exist becoming a part of the RP's history if memorable, unless the victorious Ninja allows them to live. Final posts should always be given by the winner too prove conclusion.)

Rule 10: Logical multiple actions are indeed valid. Order of multiple attacking remains stable. (Personally this is a rule I don't understand why others dislike, its only more logical that in reality anyone may attack as many times as they please, why the fuck should we limit how many times we can attack? That's just stupid to me, anyways you may attack as many times as you want, as long as its reasonable, don't expect me to let you slide with pulling outrageous techniques and you're perfectly well with stamina, energy, and strain [Fatigue].)

Rule 11: Any additional agreements must be stated and openly agreed upon; same applies for any measure of alteration of these rules. Any party that post without open agreement to these rules, or additional rules, will automatically be presumed in full accordance of these and the stated rules. ( If you have agreed with these rules it'll also include that you agree to my character being valid upon all aspect, thus one cannot go against it in battle. If you feel something isn't right, ask me about it in private messages, and if valid I will exclude it from our battle, other than so, make it reasonable.)

The Combat Basic Rule:

This is a straightforward, basic, and short rule that is not to be broken. This rule also, in a sense, is an extension of the metagaming and god-modding rules, but it is put in a more practical sense. This rule dictates the most basic rule of RP combat that has been used, unwritten or written, throughout ingoo history: that is the rule that anyone participating in RP combat has to write anything and everything they do. This may seem self explanatory rule to many, but to others, possibly those coming into the site with no experience in combat RP, it is something to take into account. This rule means that every action your character takes must be described, whether it is making a clone and then hiding it behind a tree where it is to wait for a surprise, or throwing a kunai with an explosive tag on it, you must write in your actions. This means that you cannot pull the old "my clone was waiting there, you just didn't know about it, and this has been my plan all along" as we see in the anime so many times, repeated over and over again. Instead, you have to describe the process by which you make the clone, as well as the process by which you hide the clone. Metagaming rules fight against your opponent automatically knowing that you made a clone, as well as using OOC knowledge to keep their character safe from the clone - the clone is just a classic example. This means, using the kunai example, one would have to describe the process of attaching the explosive note to the kunai, or, in the case of having a kunai that was already attached to an explosive note, just that; this means that you would write "Your character pulls out a kunai from his back pouch, and explosive note attached to it's handle already, before throwing it." This is done in order to be clear with your actions. If your explosive note is hidden in some way, say, by wrapping it around the handle, you still have to write that in; if the opponent claims to see something that is well hidden, or is obviously only seeing something due to the fact that he or she knows about it out of character (OOC), then staff can intervene and make a ruling in order to bring the situation to justice. 

The Basic Specification Rule:

This is an extremely basic rule, and it pretty much dictates that specification, in most cases, is a first-come-first-serve thing. When I talk about specification, I am talking of course about the IC world that is created within every topic and post. Specifications include the time of day, the layout of the land, the number of people around you, etc. Should someone in your post fail to mention this, that, or the other thing, then you have the ability to mention it, and make it as you want. For instance, if someone posts a topic and talks about how happy their character is walking down the street, but says nothing about if it is day time or night time, feel free to add that in with your post. In combat, this can also be useful to know about, seeing as distances, colors, anything like that can be specified. If someone talks about a building, but never states how far away it is specifically, you have the right to specify that. This rule is made in order to clarify things, not in order to gain military advantage over another person, and if this rule is abused staff will intervene and call it. This is meant to add clarity, fun, and logic to a topic, not to suddenly switch something around, and make something illogical just because you have the ability to - because you don't and don't think you do. Individuals abusing this rule will be warned once, and if they have to be warned again, they may receive a ban, depending on the severity of the offense. Just don't go there at all; use this rule to best of your ability, being fair, fun, and honest, and you should be good.

The Posting Order Rules:

These are important, even though they are basic. This set of rules is to be followed all of the time, no matter what. These rules dictate and explain the basic combat posting order - as well as, in most cases, normal/social RP posting order; although social RP's posting order can change, and is more flexible as long as it is okay with the participants. This rule states that there shall be a posting order in every combat topic. Obviously, the person that posts in the topic first is the first poster of that topic. Obviously, the person the posts second, is the second poster in that topic. Can you see a pattern? Good. Let's take a combat topic with only two people for the first example. First person makes a post. Second person makes a post. Not it is the first person's turn to make a post. And the pattern repeats. If someone wants to add themselves into the fight topic, and it is okay for them to enter, then they can enter whenever they want - here is how the posting order changes: Let's say this third person adds themselves after the first person posted again, but before the second person posted again. If that is the case, then their order in the posting order is made to be after the first poster posts, and before the original second poster posts. If a fourth person wants to join, and is allowed to join, then they follow the same pattern. If they post their entrance, for example, after the third person (the original second poster), but before it loops around again to go back to the first poster, then that is where they enter the posting order, posting after the third poster, and before the first poster. Leaving the topic works in the same way, simply filling in the gap - pretty self explanatory.

Now that you have a pretty good sense of how the posting order works, as well as how to amend the posting order as individuals come and go, I will give you the more specific rule, and something that should be paid close attention in a combat RP. This is what happens when a post is skipped by someone; in short, try not to make this happen, seeing as it can be very detrimental. After a posting order is established, it is to be followed. Should someone post before it is their turn to post, they have pretty much said that, no matter what is done in the post previous to this, their character does what they are shone to do in the post that they made. Ill give you an example; let's use a combat RP topic that has three people in it for the example. For this example, we will say that the three posters are well into the topic, and the combat is heated and dangerous. If poster B posts before poster A, then poster A gets one free post where he/she can make his character do whatever he/she wants while poster B cannot dodge or react, seeing as they have already done that. To further the example: lets say that poster B posts before poster A, stating that he/she stood still, throwing a kunai before making a bunshin clone. Poster A would be able to attack, avoiding the kunai, and attacking poster B without fail, since poster B is unable to post a dodge to poster A's attack. For more clarity on this, ask a staff member, should it be needed. This rule can/should be avoided - just post in the posting order without fail, and you should be good. If you were simply confused, and it is okay with the other participants of the topic that you simply delete your post, then that is fine, you can go right ahead, and move on as if nothing happened. What is more, if you were simply confused, possibly you are new, and you made a slip up, posting before it was your turn, talk to staff about it - chances are they will rule in favor of you simply deleting the post and moving on. It is only enforced when the rule is broken on purpose for whatever reason. Read this guide, follow the rules posted here, and be friendly and you should be grand.
Evilpath
Evilpath

Ryo : 58

https://narutothebeginning.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Official RP Rules Empty Re: Official RP Rules

Post by Evilpath Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Added a few in depth instances.
Evilpath
Evilpath

Ryo : 58

https://narutothebeginning.rpg-board.net